Blog journal 3
The standard I chose was for a 1st grade class, SC.1.CO.1.1 Recognize and operate different types of computer components. This standard focuses on the usage of technology in the classroom and how it can be incorporated in lessons to increase comprehension of the curriculum. I do feel prepared to implement this standard in the classroom because I understand how to use most devices that would be used in lessons. I am aware of basic tools like powerpoint, computers, etc. that would be in a classroom and the students would use. I feel technology is another important tool that should be used to help add more activities to keep students engaged and continuing to learn.
The standard I chose to look at resources that could be incorporated into the classroom is ELA.K12.EE.2.1 which focuses on grade level reading comprehension. One lesson plan discussed was Safety on the Job, this lesson has students read from the teachers presentation, set up through a computer about store safety rules and talk about why these rules are important. This helps the student read about procedures and then works on them comprehending why these rules are important. This is a good idea for a lesson plan because it can be interactive for students to learn about rules in a store then apply why they are important, we could also adjust it so that it is through a website that is set up like a store and click different parts of the store to understand the rules, so this makes it more a game, but also learning.
It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because if you are teaching and need to look something up it should be fast and efficient, the teacher should get the answer fast so the students aren't just waiting until the teacher has figured it out. The skills that I think I will use most are, restricting image search so they are not apart of copyright and using symbols in my search. I haven't heard of these two skills so I will be incorporating them to help with my proficiency in searching. The skill that I already knew and use is the advance search where you can exclude words, I have used this in class many times for assignments and it helps me get to what I am searching for faster. Other than that I do not have any more search skills to add.
Artificial intelligence in education, AI, is when a computer generates ideas that are typically brought up by humans. I think AI can be useful in an education setting, but it should not be something that teachers rely on heavily. I think it can help give ideas to a teacher and prompt new ways of thinking and teaching, but it should not be what a teacher looks at only to get ideas for the class from. Overall, this software should be used in moderation. Knowing how to use AI can be a useful tool for a teacher and their students and something they all understand how to use.
Comments
Post a Comment