Blog Journal #4
1.) My experience with blogging has been smooth and easy thus far. I have not had any trouble navigating the website and uploading my blog post. I think this is an easy and efficient way to write information and share it to others. One con I do have about the website is that sometimes I do forget to look at comments/do not know where to find them. Something that I have learned is to be more open and expressive with my writing, blog post from my experience is a form of journaling for people. This has allowed my to get more comfortable with writing that will be seen by people.
2.) An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I have discovered from this class is epic!. This website is a fun and interactive site students 8 and younger can access to read over 20k books of all levels and genres. This is an easy to use tool teachers can use to help their students get into reading and get better with reading comprehension. It has quizzes and dictionaries to test their skills and grow their vocabulary. The one thing I do not like about the site is that teachers do have to pay to get access to all tools.
3.) I think AI is a useful tool that teachers can use to help give them guidance and ideas on activities and curriculum. However, I believe AI should be used in moderation and should not be the only source teachers use to get ideas for the classroom. I tried to use it to give me ideas and activities for students if the lesson was reading comprehension, however, I did not take what they gave exactly I changed it to fit what I think would be best. I used it as a base to start thinking but then incorporated my own ideas and opinions. Next time I use AI I would have it help guide me to track students progress by making e reports on what we have covered and the assignments we have done.
4.) I might use AI to help get more creative ideas flowing in regards to classroom activities. AI can make activities look more enhanced and fun. It can also create games that are curriculum based to ensure kids re having fun while learning. I would address ethical concerns by not copying exactly what AI comes up with but taking it as a first step to come up with ideas. Teachers should adjust and add to what AI does to ensure it fits what the students are learning and all levels the class is at.
Comments
Post a Comment