Blog Post #5
1.) Some new skills I acquired through the web design assignment include being able to make a website, I personally have never made a website so the whole thing was new to me. I feel like I still have a lot to learn and improve on. Some design tools I used while making the website included, incorporating a CC which I have not actively down before but now I feel confident doing so. The next thing I added was incorporating my instagram through embedding the profile. Lastly I added a map through weebly, I have never done this before but now I understand how it works. I liked being able to use the website, however, I found the overall assignment confusing and difficult to complete. I do not think weebly was very easy to work with, I feel like on a different platform I might have more success. I do believe website will be useful in my career because it is an easy way to share important and up to date information with parents.
Teachers who assign writing tasks can use generative AI to give students feedback more efficiently. While teachers should always review work directly, AI can help point out common mistakes in grammar, structure, and clarity. For example, an English teacher might upload student essays to an AI tool that highlights areas for improvement, allowing the teacher to focus on content-specific feedback and save time.
Example Prompt: “Analyze this essay for grammar and clarity.”
Result: The AI provides suggestions for fixing run-on sentences or improving vocabulary, giving the teacher a foundation for more personalized feedback.
- I would address this case by having teachers first give their own feedback without the help of AI or technology, then use those resources after to see what it suggest. This would alleviate that the teacher is just copying word for word what technology is saying. It is important that teachers do not rely on this for all of the grading process but only a small portion because then the teacher will be better able to help students during class with things they struggle with.

Your website is well done! I think it would be beneficial to add something else to your home page, because as of right now it only has the header. The contrast of your text and images looks good, but the white text on the light blue background is somewhat difficult to read. I would suggest having one color be dark and the other light so that it is easier to read. The repetition, alignment, and proximity all look consistent across your pages. Overall, great job on your website design!
ReplyDeleteYour website is simple yet effective! I enjoyed how the information you provided was very accessible and that the content was well placed under each labeled tab. I think that you could improve your website by adding brighter colors for the background to make it seem a little bit more inviting. The color of the text on some of your slides are not very bold which might be harder for people to read. Overall, I think that your website is well designed and very accessible for both teachers and students.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed viewing your website. It was very clean and simple in a very good way. I can see how you were applying the CRAP design principles to your website design. I would add more color and maybe some fun, bolder fonts! Awesome job this week!
ReplyDeleteI really loved the way you set up your website and its design! You did a great job at utilizing contrast to ensure the colors of certain items did not interfere with their background. I think you also used repetition well by making fonts similar and having a nice color scheme, especially on your home page! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kylie! Your website looks awesome! The color scheme is working nicely, even the photo you chose of yourself matches the vibe. I do think that the white titles of the page might blend a bit too much with the baby blue background so maybe try altering the colors a little so they pop! Other than that, your page looks great! Keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteYour website is very cute. One critique I would give, though, is your use of contrast. Some of the text is difficult to read because the white text on a light blue background doesn't have enough contrast. Your other CRAP principles are excellent, though. The way you format each page is very repetitive and keeps things consistent. Everything is aligned well and has good proximity. Overall, your website is excellent; I would just adjust the colors slightly.
ReplyDelete